Thursday 23 October 2008

Goodbye Toria

My dear friend Toria lost her fight against CF last night. I was abit concerened that something wasn't right as there was no update posted last night. I found this morning when my friend text me and said i'm so sorry about Toria Jo. I txt back saying it's ok she's still fighting hard of course not realising she had passed away. I checked Toria's facebook profile and immediately saw a post saying R.I.P I have to say it really gutted me and shocked me. I really thought that she would be ok but i'm so gutted that she didn't. she was a brillant friend to me and lot's of other people. wheneva i was feeling angry or upset about CF she'd always say something to cheer me up. I was readin all the messages she sent me today and they made me laugh and smile and cry. She always had a great way of putting things. I remember the night i took her and oli (also has CF) Clubbing it was a really good night we had a laugh and toria looked really pretty that night. I just wish i had taken some pictures of that night. She was one of the people who talked me into getting a port fitted. She tried to talk me into a feeding tube but she knew she'd never get me to have one lol she told me to many horror stories about hers hehe. I also remember the first time i found out she was pregnant i was so shocked she had posted it on her facebook status it said toria' going to be a mummy in 3 weeks i was like are you joking lol and she was like nope i'm going to be a mummy. And then she had beautiful edward she told me she wanted to call him something fabulous like tarquin lol she was so funny. she always saw the best in people. I'm going to miss her updating her profile with pictures of her luke and edward every month as she loved taking pics of them all. It hurts when i think how such an amazing woman could be taken from this world who had her whole life ahead of her and had so much to live for it's just so unfair and i never thought this day would ever come. I hate so much that it has. I know toria wouldn't want me to be upset she'd want me to smile at memories of things she's said and done and also she'd be rooting for me to gain those extra 4kgs. as i know she was proud of me for how well i had done so fair. I'm always going to remember toria and will keep every message she has ever sent me. i will miss you so much toria you were so brave and fought so hard. Rest and breathe easy now and watch over us all. love you lot's From Jo xxxxxx



I added this picture of toria as it is one of my faves of her and was so proud of her when she done it.

Toria crossland 13/02/1985 - 22/10/2008 Forever in my thoughts R.I.P sweetie xxxx

2 comments:

Me said...

Hey Jo you said some really nice things in that post. Im glad Toria had such an influence on you and i'm sure she would want you to continue been strong. What was that picture for? did she do it herself?

Jo said...

i don't quite remember what it was for but it was always one of my faves of hers. :)