Thursday 2 October 2008

harefield yesteday and hospital today...

Ok had harefield yesterday which was just basically the first meet and greet about transplant. It was a very long day which was to be expected lot's of tests and blood taken. met with the people there. I took my wheelchair thinking it was going to be all spread out but it's very close together all the departments which is good but it was still best as it was a long day. Anyway I did all tests by about half then me my mum and dad went and had some lunch my mum moaned the whole dy as everything was taking so long she wound me up and annoyed me but can't be bothered to write about that anymore cos it will just annoy me again let's just say i'm not talking to her at this moment in time! anyway so after lunch we went back to the clinic area and had to wait to see the registar who was very nice lol He asked bout my medication and just basic history then he dissapeared to talk to mr clarby He was also very nice and didn't sugar coat anythig was just very honest . My dad asked him if i could continue on these lungs for another 5 years and then have the transplant as you may not live after it or five years down the line but we'll see anyway he turned to me and said do you really wanna hear this and i said yes and he said there is over 50% chance of me not being hear in 2 years time. big shock my dad welled up but didn't cry i cried in the car on the way home but am ok bout it all now.

Had my mid iv's checkup today all is ok lost a little weight but that's cos i have been sick from them but i'll gain it back. had blood gases down to as i have been having headaches in the morning. and gotta go back next week for end of iv's YAY lol xx

No comments: