Wednesday 17 September 2008

clinic today

well I woke up and was dying for a cup of coffee but wasn't allowed one cosit had milk in doh! I wasn't allowed to eat either lol i was straving. I Arrived at hospital about half 9 and went to clinic i got weighed and was pleased to see my weight had gone up from 44.9 to 45.3 yay i'm over the 45 mark whoop whoop! anyway i then was sent to a room as we get put in our own rooms now to stop cross infection which i think is a good idea. So i was in the room and lisa the cf nurse was chatting to me asking how i was and stuff she put the oxygen sat machine on m finger and it said 81% I was like wow that's low so she took it off and said we'll do it again in a min.
She left then my fave physio anna came in as she was back yay! She was going through my physio and nebs i then gave her a sputum sample that i had done that morning when i woke up i always like to have one prepared lol. She then did the sat machine again and it said 94% i was happier with that :) I then did m lung function which was fev1 1.53 which was down a little from the finish of my last lot of iv's The other number was 0.5 i don't quite understand that one tho lol. After that we did some AD so that anna could check that my technic was ok she was pleased with it and just told me to breath out abit more gently i was doing it abit to forcefully!
After that it was time for my ultrasound so off i went with my dad to the x-ray department.
I thought i was going to have to wait for ages as i sometimes do lol but i was the only patient there and was called staright away i explained to the radiographer that they think there is possibly gall stones there. The radiographer put loads of cold gel on my tummy don't you jst hate that it's so cold argh lol! After that had finished i went back to clinic and saw the doctor he checked to see if the results from the scan were up yet as the radiographer said she'd put them up asap. But they weren't so he said he'd check again in abit we went through my medication and discussed my chest and that i should come up again next week to possibly start iv's depending on what my blood results say. He looked at my x-ray from a few weeks ago and said it don't look great but that's obviously cos of the cf but that it looked not to bad if that makes sense i got what he ment lol. He asked me about the pain i get and said it sounds more chest related and could possibly be plurasy however it's spelt lol But my dad's had that and the pain was constant whereas mine comes on at random times and lasts about 10 mins. I think there mind boggled lol
he checked the scans again for a report but it still wasn't up lol He then mentioned about having some bloods taken so i was like ok cool no probs and then i asked if lisa could do it as she's better then the woman in the blood lab lol she was fine with doing it and the doctor went to find her. the dietician came to seeme and i told her i'd upped my megace dose to 2 tablets cos i was feeling abit rubbish and she was fine with it and i can keep taking 2 but just gotta keep an eye on my blood sugars. also down to 5 creon with a meal instead of 6. After that i went to the treament centre so lisa could take some blood my veins were being naughty and it took 4 attempts but we got there eveuntually lol. Then it was off home well i say home i went asda to get some more popcorn then to boots to put my prescription in then home to a cup of tea and a nap lol now am just taking it easy and reflecting on the day i'm very pleased how it all went oh i forgot to mention i do have gall stones but there quite small so are possibly not the cause of the pain but i'm going to get reffered to see someone about it :) x

No comments: