Tuesday 4 November 2008

round 10....DINGDING

Well i dissapeared into hospital last wednesday as my chest was pretty pants! my lung function had dropped quite abit so was very concerened my oxygen sat were down to 89 which is low for me as mine normally are about 93/94 so was very concerned i didn't wanna go in but was talked round lol.

I had a oxygen sats machince on at night to measure my pulse and sats to see how far they dropped when i slept although i hardly slept as everytime i drifted off the machince alarmed cos my sats had dropped low. My sats at 1 point were 53% which is not good. So it was decided the next night to try me on oxygen over night and then prick my ear in the morning to check my blood gases and to make sure my cardon dioxide wasn't to high. It turned out to be normal with oxygen on so the decision was made for me to have it on over night. was kinda unhappy cos i always said i'd never let it get to tis stage but it has and now it has not alot i can really do about it but just get on with it. there is also talk about having oxygen during the day for when i move around as my sats drop quite low again. But again not happy bout it but if i happens it happens gotta get on with it. and if it makes it a bit easier to breath then suppose it ain't gonna be that bad. I'm more just annoyeed at the fact i know i'll get people looking at me feeling sorry for me which i really don't like.

So anyway came home friday evening and am on mereopneum and colomycin iv's which colomycin is a new one for me i have always only had it in neb so am having a few side affects my skin is getting really spotty and i keep staggering around like i'm drunk it's annoying. and this is also the 10th lot of iv's this year hence the blog title.

I've started my xmas shopping got all my brothers presents just gotta order my dads this week and am trying to decided what to get my mum lol. I tink i will struggle end of november with y money as my DLA is changing and will no longer be paid with my income support and instead will be paid on it's own every 4 weeks which is a pain in the bum so don't know how i'm gonna cope! so we'll see.

I spoke to my hospital today as clinovia forgot to deliver my colomycin today whoops. it got delivered eventually lol one of the cf team isn't sure if i should go to toria's funeral cos of cross infection. which to be honest i could do with out getting anything else right now. I'm sure toria would undertand tho. am thinking of realeasing a ballon of piglet on the day with a nice note attached.

I'm so bored this evening there is nothing on tv argh!!!!

my mum said she might come round tomoz if she finishes early tonight. be nice to see her. have been sleeping downstairs the past few weeks it's just alot easier with eing on iv's as my little fridge is dwn here plus i'm right near the kitchen.

anyway tata for now :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey love :)

Well done for getting yourself to the hospital - it's horrible feeling like CF is winning but if you fight back (going to hosp to get support, using oxygen to keep your sats up) then that means CF is NOT winning! Maybe look at it that way :)

Think the balloon idea sounds fabulous - Toria would love that wouldn't she!

Thinking of you a lot...stay strong. Em x

Tinypoppet said...

sorry that was me not signed in! x

Me said...

haha colomycin makes me feel drunk too. I hope the oxygen will start to make you feel better and thats a good thing yeah? I wouldn't worry about people looking at you xx

Tori said...

Hey I just started a blog so I thought I would drop by and see if your ok :)

The oxygen will help, it might take a few weeks before you notice a difference but it really does xx