Monday 28 July 2008

Blood test number 1

Woke up at about 6 this morning it was to hot to sleep. I decided to just lay on my bed until i felt a little more awake then i went downstairs. I rang up the repeat prescription line to get some more creon and fortisip as i have nearly drank them all whoops lol!
I then had breakfast as i couldn't ring doctors till half 8 as that's when they open and when you can arrange an appoinment.

At about 8:35AM i rang the doctors but it was engaged. I constantly redialled for a good 10 mins then i finally got through. When i said to the receptionist could i please make a appointment for a blood test this morning she said all the slots had gone!!!
I said this is a very important blood test and it has to be done this morning to which she said if all the slots are gone there's nothing i can do.She then said weren;t you here on Friday? I said yes and she said why couldn't you of booked it then? To which i said because i didn't know i'd be on iv's and that i would need a blood test today. So i then told her to have a word with my GP she then put me on hold and came back saying yeah ok it's fine i've booked you in for 10Am.

My mum's fiancee Ian picked me up which was nice of him as he had worked that night so he was very tired. Got to the docs. It's not nice in there now as it has all been changed they have horrible hard plastic seats and everyone is sat really close together. Before there was nice comfy sofa's in there. Anyway about 10:05 i was called to see Kim the nurse. She worries when she normally takes blood from me cos it can sometimes be hard to find a good vein! But cos it's been so hot my vein's are popping out on my hands lol She was very surprised and had no trouble getting blood. i haven't even got a ark on me where the needle went in lol. Now with needles i used to have a HUGE phobie of them i used to cry,scream and faint when one came near me. Over the years it's totally dissappeared I don't even flinch now. But today for the first time ever i actually watched her stick the needle in my vein which is the one thing i could never do until now. I only have blood taken from my hand tho as i find it doesn't hurt and it's where all my good veins are.

After the docs i came to my mum's house. everyone get's worried when i'm on iv's so they prefer it if i'm not left alone. so Ian made me a cup of tea and we watched top gear although i'd already seen it last night lol. My mum got up about 1PM (she works nights) and Ian went to bed. me and my mum have just been chilling and chatting she was laughing at me cos i was trying to tempt her gerbils out of there hiding place but they wouldn't come. little buggers!

Did my iv's at 2pm my picc line is abit temperatmental at times only likes it if my arm is straight lol. I am a bit hungry now so my mum is just making me some cheese on toast mmmmm! my dad is picking me up at half 5 when he finishes work. I have missed my dog today tho he was crying whne i left this morning he hate's being alone (my bro is home but probably asleep still) anyways it's gonna hopefullly rain soon which should cool it down hope tonight will be cooler. i shall write tomoz bye bye mwahx xx

2 comments:

Mc Clarey said...

I hope the ivs are going well, and your levels come back ok. I always treck to my cfu for mine as my gp is rubbish!!!

Me said...

aw I used to have the same problem with the receptionist at the gps, they are like bulldogs! There is now a nurse who comes to the house and takes my blood, I think she works for the drugs compnay calea but im not sure. the hospital arrange for her to come anyway. its very handy! and she is brill at taking blood!